Oxfordshire Hockey Management Structure
Oxfordshire is a small county and all the members of the Management Committee are proactive members of local clubs.
The workload for the committee is pretty high though and as a result an ‘Activity Co-ordinator’ was appointed in 2008 to help support the large workload that the committee has. This was approved by the clubs at the 2008 AGM.
Key functions of OHA are:
- Managing the game in Oxfordshire linking to England Hockey and Southern Counties Hockey Association.
- Bringing in more funding to hockey through England Hockey and local partners such as Oxfordshire Sports Partnership.
- Running Junior Development from Junior Development Centres (run for the last few years) and Junior Academy Centres (starting in 2009 as a result of England Hockey’s Single System recommendations).
- Providing competition from adult cups, summer leagues to badgers leagues, junior cups and junior leagues.
- Providing umpiring development and appointments through the Oxfordshire Hockey Umpires Association.
OHA are always looking for more people to help improve what we can do so contact any member of the committee if you are interested or email firstname.lastname@example.org.